In this Pokemon-heavy episode of Swag Tier, Megan tells listeners about a bath bomb experience gone wrong, and Steven recaps a confrontational speed dating experience he had at New York Comic Con. They also prove that their college degrees were not wasted dollars by doing math both correctly AND quickly for the first time on air.
It’s a misnomer to call us a gaming podcast. We know that no one listens to us for gaming news, they listen because we’re entertaining and have great chemistry. Case in point: we’re in the middle of E3, but talk about it for only a minute at the start and end of the episode. We’d rather talk about:
Megan and I continue our coverage of PAX East (even though you wouldn’t know it by the immediate tangent we take), talking about:
In this episode, we can’t seem to stop talking about handheld games! We open with a tribute to the late Akira Tago, the Puzzle Master of the Professor Layton games, discuss some of our most memorable moments involving handheld systems, and we finish strong with how an ongoing obsession with fanfiction has shaped Megan into the bo-*ahem* girl she is today.
Topics in between include:
- How New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the perfect game for anyone with an affinity for in-game collectibles
- Why Bravely Default is no longer on Megan’s list of tentative games to buy/play
- A throwback to Dogz and Catz, old PC games that taught Steven valuable life lessons about pet ownership
- Frizbee’s personal YouTube channel
- Megan’s coming out story, which were the first steps to her current dream of becoming a world-renowned author of Mamamoo fanfiction