When Marie Kondo advised her loyal fanbase to throw out anything that doesn’t spark joy, we’re pretty sure that didn’t include accidentally throwing out a beloved slithery family member. Join Megan and Steven in this episode of Swag Tier where they talk about lost (and found!) snakes and pooping in the forest.
Steven and Megan discuss some uninvited fuzzy house guests and a Korean culture convention/trade show scheduled for November that might turn out to be a scam.
In this episode of Swag Tier, Steven talks about non-gaming conventions he has attended at Megan’s favorite convention center, the Jacob Javits Center. Tune in to hear how Steven manages to learn about biomedical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, eat freshly baked cookies, and win contests all in one day!
INTERPHEX, the premier pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device development and manufacturing event where you can “Experience Science through Commercialization”.
New York Build Expo, the leading construction & design expo to focus exclusively on projects across New York City.
In this Pokemon-heavy episode of Swag Tier, Megan tells listeners about a bath bomb experience gone wrong, and Steven recaps a confrontational speed dating experience he had at New York Comic Con. They also prove that their college degrees were not wasted dollars by doing math both correctly AND quickly for the first time on air.
Join Megan and Steven as they demonstrate their world-class mathematical abilities, build hype for MAGFest 2017, and finally get around to discussing Megan’s first Renaissance Festival experience. Other topics include:
- donating (or not) to our alma mater;
- Megan’s intense aversion to hipster headbands;
- Megan and Steven’s “professional” opinions about Lolita;
- why Megan will most likely be killed off after this episode airs.
In the latest episode of Swag Tier, Steven recaps his adventures at the 2016 Boston Festival of Indie Games, otherwise known as Boston FIG. Tune in to hear about:
- Steven’s top 5 Boston FIG games, Sad Hill Cemetery, Stage Fright, Insane Traffic, Ten Candles, and Clean Up Your Room!;
- Megan’s mom’s terrible driving;
- the origin of last episode’s big debate, “easy as pie;”
- and Megan’s (crazy) neighbor’s passive aggressive attempts to get her to clean her messy house.
Megan and Steven discuss the intricate differences between baking and broiling (read: we actually have no idea what we’re talking about). Tune in to also hear about:
- Steven’s pride in recognizing a kpop song played in public (twice!);
- Megan’s hope to establish the Kpop Killers, a Kpop Academy Overwatch group;
- better than mediocre recommendations for two great indie games, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Blade Ballet;
- Megan’s money woes, which she plans to solve by suing an ex-girlfriend.
In which we discuss:
- snake weaves,
- whether peacock feathers go on your head or your butt,
- Journey Through Europe, an awful game that requires defacing your game board,
- leaving your driver’s-side mirror at a McDonald’s drive-thru,
- Steven’s non-gaming convention curiosity getting shut down by a slow and deliberate old lady,
- whether Pokemon Black and White are real,
- the Pokérap
Listen in to learn about: