In this episode, Megan recounts a memorable lake house getaway.
At last, the episode you’ve all been waiting for – Swag Tier finally brings you a full length feature about Final Fantasy Explorers. Ok, it’s not really a “full length” feature unless you define full length as approximately 10 minutes, but that’s still one third of a 30 minute episode, which is a lot of air time for a game that is over one year old. Other topics include:
- the massive task of cleaning Megan’s closet;
- the relationship between game difficulty and playability in various games;
- and Frizbee’s first (and for her sake, hopefully last) encounter with the Easter Bunny.
It’s a misnomer to call us a gaming podcast. We know that no one listens to us for gaming news, they listen because we’re entertaining and have great chemistry. Case in point: we’re in the middle of E3, but talk about it for only a minute at the start and end of the episode. We’d rather talk about:
In this episode, Megan and Steven begin to recap their adventures at PAX East 2016. Tune in to hear the lowdown on:
- Quiplash, an “all fill-in-the-blanks version of Cards Against Humanity”
- Hot pink “cuddlestaches” given out by the ride sharing app Lyft
- Steven’s affinity for chatting up strangers in line for convention panels by conveniently whipping out board games (and probably snacks) from his backpack
- Where Ceiling Cat originated
- Another action-packed developer demo of Red Flags
- Joey’s (and Megan’s) collection of unopened/unplayed board games
- Megan’s latest obsession with the match-3 indie game Tumblestone
In this episode, we can’t seem to stop talking about handheld games! We open with a tribute to the late Akira Tago, the Puzzle Master of the Professor Layton games, discuss some of our most memorable moments involving handheld systems, and we finish strong with how an ongoing obsession with fanfiction has shaped Megan into the bo-*ahem* girl she is today.
Topics in between include:
- How New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the perfect game for anyone with an affinity for in-game collectibles
- Why Bravely Default is no longer on Megan’s list of tentative games to buy/play
- A throwback to Dogz and Catz, old PC games that taught Steven valuable life lessons about pet ownership
- Frizbee’s personal YouTube channel
- Megan’s coming out story, which were the first steps to her current dream of becoming a world-renowned author of Mamamoo fanfiction
Listen in to learn about: