It’s not news that Megan and I are between jobs, but this is the first time we’ve discussed how it affects us. Which is to say, how it increased my enthusiasm for volunteering and coaching Overwatch!
For this episode of Swag Tier, Caitlin joins Megan and Steven to tell them about her first experience attending PAX South. Other topics include:
- a story Steven crafted for Caitlin using Rory’s Story Cubes where he was voluntold to include snakes as protagonists;
- Caitlin’s failed attempts to acquire swag at PAX South;
- Steven’s first experience as a PAX Exhibitor;
- how Megan and Caitlin almost ditched a night out with friends to stay home and play Overcooked in their pajamas.
Join Megan and Steven as Megan recounts a recent visit to Caitlin’s mom’s house that almost ended in a trip to the emergency vet, and Steven gives us the lowdown on his PAX South 2017 volunteering schedule. Other topics include:
- which team Caitlin’s family would be if they were in a Pokemon game;
- Megan’s hopes and dreams that Nexon’s unannounced MOBA title will turn out to be League of Kpop;
- and an executive summary of an old Gawker article about an unfortunate calamari-eating experience.
In this episode of Swag Tier, Megan relives a painful massage “therapy” experience where her masseur more or less broke her body, Steven tells the tale of his bus breaking down on the way to Maryland for MAGFest, and unbeknownst to our listeners who don’t read our episode descriptions, Megan accidentally deleted the audio for the last episode of Swag Tier when she uploaded the audio for this episode. Other topics include Megan’s plans to (never) finish her Mamamoo fanfiction and Steven’s plans to volunteer at MAGFest 2017.