While we do talk about the Nintendo Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Easter traditions during this episode, the clear highlight is the off-the-cuff mention, explanation, and subsequent rendition of Megan’s childhood jingle: Tootin’ All Day: The Burger King Song. Leave a comment and we’ll send you the mp3.
When Megan isn’t busy laughing at Caitlin’s Pokemon GO misfortunes, she’s staying up all night to play Bejeweled Stars. And when Steven isn’t busy keeping busy, he’s putting hours into Final Fantasy XV. Join us on this week’s episode of Swag Tier to hear about these two games, the new iOS exclusive Mario game, and a special Swag Tier prediction of when Megan will finally get around to opening and playing some of the RPG’s she (and others) paid full price for but can probably be found at Five Below these days.
In this episode, we can’t seem to stop talking about handheld games! We open with a tribute to the late Akira Tago, the Puzzle Master of the Professor Layton games, discuss some of our most memorable moments involving handheld systems, and we finish strong with how an ongoing obsession with fanfiction has shaped Megan into the bo-*ahem* girl she is today.
Topics in between include:
- How New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the perfect game for anyone with an affinity for in-game collectibles
- Why Bravely Default is no longer on Megan’s list of tentative games to buy/play
- A throwback to Dogz and Catz, old PC games that taught Steven valuable life lessons about pet ownership
- Frizbee’s personal YouTube channel
- Megan’s coming out story, which were the first steps to her current dream of becoming a world-renowned author of Mamamoo fanfiction