Yes, we released episodes precisely on New Year’s and Christmas. No, we didn’t talk about either occasion on their respective episodes. Yes, we’re covering Christmas topics on New Year’s. No, we didn’t even finish talking about everything we planned to. Yes, this is precisely how Swag Tier operates.
Megan gives a recap of her performance at last weekend’s Korus Festival and then prompts an awkward segue into game talk. Tune in to hear about:
- Twitch Prime, which is free for Amazon Prime subscribers – link your Twitch and Amazon Prime accounts by November 5th to get free digital swag;
- Steven’s first mediocre recommendation, a follow up to Megan’s first mediocre recommendation back in episode 27;
- Megan’s dying obsession with Bejeweled Blitz;
- the two latest Mii Plaza/StreetPass games, Slot Car Racers and Market Crashers.
And as promised, don’t forget to check out the Beyonce clown video.
In this episode, we can’t seem to stop talking about handheld games! We open with a tribute to the late Akira Tago, the Puzzle Master of the Professor Layton games, discuss some of our most memorable moments involving handheld systems, and we finish strong with how an ongoing obsession with fanfiction has shaped Megan into the bo-*ahem* girl she is today.
Topics in between include:
- How New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the perfect game for anyone with an affinity for in-game collectibles
- Why Bravely Default is no longer on Megan’s list of tentative games to buy/play
- A throwback to Dogz and Catz, old PC games that taught Steven valuable life lessons about pet ownership
- Frizbee’s personal YouTube channel
- Megan’s coming out story, which were the first steps to her current dream of becoming a world-renowned author of Mamamoo fanfiction