In this episode of Swag Tier, Megan relives a painful massage “therapy” experience where her masseur more or less broke her body, Steven tells the tale of his bus breaking down on the way to Maryland for MAGFest, and unbeknownst to our listeners who don’t read our episode descriptions, Megan accidentally deleted the audio for the last episode of Swag Tier when she uploaded the audio for this episode. Other topics include Megan’s plans to (never) finish her Mamamoo fanfiction and Steven’s plans to volunteer at MAGFest 2017.
- the eating differential between Steven and Megan;
- Megan’s new bae;
- Steven’s growing obsession with kpop boy band dance choreography;
- Megan’s history of entering and winning Wonder Girls contests;
- Steven getting into Overwatch competitive (and Megan realizing that audio cues help);
- Megan’s mediocre recommendation for Mighty No 9.
- Steven’s paraphrasing: “If you have spare money, and time, and are not doing anything better, I guess you can play this game. It’s okay. It kind of makes me frustrated, but the music’s good I guess.”
It’s a misnomer to call us a gaming podcast. We know that no one listens to us for gaming news, they listen because we’re entertaining and have great chemistry. Case in point: we’re in the middle of E3, but talk about it for only a minute at the start and end of the episode. We’d rather talk about:
Megan and I continue our coverage of PAX East (even though you wouldn’t know it by the immediate tangent we take), talking about:
In this episode, we can’t seem to stop talking about handheld games! We open with a tribute to the late Akira Tago, the Puzzle Master of the Professor Layton games, discuss some of our most memorable moments involving handheld systems, and we finish strong with how an ongoing obsession with fanfiction has shaped Megan into the bo-*ahem* girl she is today.
Topics in between include:
- How New Super Mario Bros. 2 is the perfect game for anyone with an affinity for in-game collectibles
- Why Bravely Default is no longer on Megan’s list of tentative games to buy/play
- A throwback to Dogz and Catz, old PC games that taught Steven valuable life lessons about pet ownership
- Frizbee’s personal YouTube channel
- Megan’s coming out story, which were the first steps to her current dream of becoming a world-renowned author of Mamamoo fanfiction