We continue debriefing about MAGFest, with a cameo from Smath stealing some of the thunder from the panel that Megan, Caitlin, and their friend Carrie hosted: LGBT+ Gaming – Where we are, where we can go, and how we can get there. Tune in to hear how it went!
Yes, we released episodes precisely on New Year’s and Christmas. No, we didn’t talk about either occasion on their respective episodes. Yes, we’re covering Christmas topics on New Year’s. No, we didn’t even finish talking about everything we planned to. Yes, this is precisely how Swag Tier operates.
In this Pokemon-heavy episode of Swag Tier, Megan tells listeners about a bath bomb experience gone wrong, and Steven recaps a confrontational speed dating experience he had at New York Comic Con. They also prove that their college degrees were not wasted dollars by doing math both correctly AND quickly for the first time on air.
Megan and Steven discuss the intricate differences between baking and broiling (read: we actually have no idea what we’re talking about). Tune in to also hear about:
- Steven’s pride in recognizing a kpop song played in public (twice!);
- Megan’s hope to establish the Kpop Killers, a Kpop Academy Overwatch group;
- better than mediocre recommendations for two great indie games, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Blade Ballet;
- Megan’s money woes, which she plans to solve by suing an ex-girlfriend.
Let us bring you back to the late 90’s and 2000’s when AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) and Neopets were at the height of their popularity! But we don’t want to shock you with such an abrupt change so quickly, so we’ll gently ease you in by allowing a seed that we planted for you in episode 8 to blossom – the story of Megan’s first girlfriend. Throughout our travels through time, we’ll:
- introduce you to “Meganisms,” which are Megan’s butchered versions of popular idioms
- share some of our favorite quotes, including the origin of, “It’s worth it!”
- reminisce about old blogging websites
- sympathize with Megan’s traumatic Neopets experience (but only until she tells us why she deserved what she got)
- fawn over Steven’s mad swag collecting skillz at the Neopets booth during the New York Licensing Expo
- take it down to the Little White Church with Rebecca at PAX East 2012