It’s not news that Megan and I are between jobs, but this is the first time we’ve discussed how it affects us. Which is to say, how it increased my enthusiasm for volunteering and coaching Overwatch!
Megan is getting back into League of Legends, and she’s trying to convince Steven to as well! This episode includes talk about esports and the pros, MMO’s, PAX, and possible sponsorships . This may be one of the few episodes where Megan isn’t losing sponsorships, but she’s still making enemies with her candid opinions.
Megan trash talking online:
In this episode, all our conversations revolve around collections:
- Switching a pre-order for Uncharted 4 to a pre-order for the $250 Gears of War 4 collector’s edition in a (failed) attempt to “save money”;
- Megan’s bookshelf display, including a Christmas present that was defaced to make it “easier” to wrap;
- Steven’s convention signature/photo wall;
- Microsoft’s 20-DSLR 3d photo setup for Quantum Break.
We cover tons of ground in this ep, but it can be boiled down to:
- Megan’s TPA Orianna story, and the Gchat fistpump of celebration
- The pro gaming apparatus that Steven handmade for Megan
- Psychoanalyzing what types of stories Steven and Megan like, and how they’re the opposites of their own lives
- Everyone’s thoughts on Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- The Final Fantasy XV:
- Ultimate collector’s edition ($270)
- Trailer with Florence + the Machine
- Steven: “Is this the trailer where Florence + the Machine sings in the second half?
- Megan: “I don’t even…is that…a person?”
- Being completely the opposite of what Megan is interested in
- Steven: “There’s nothing interesting for you – it’s four bros in a car!”
- Megan: “And I don’t give a sh*t about cars!”
- Steven: “Well, that was clear in the last episode.”
Let us bring you back to the late 90’s and 2000’s when AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) and Neopets were at the height of their popularity! But we don’t want to shock you with such an abrupt change so quickly, so we’ll gently ease you in by allowing a seed that we planted for you in episode 8 to blossom – the story of Megan’s first girlfriend. Throughout our travels through time, we’ll:
- introduce you to “Meganisms,” which are Megan’s butchered versions of popular idioms
- share some of our favorite quotes, including the origin of, “It’s worth it!”
- reminisce about old blogging websites
- sympathize with Megan’s traumatic Neopets experience (but only until she tells us why she deserved what she got)
- fawn over Steven’s mad swag collecting skillz at the Neopets booth during the New York Licensing Expo
- take it down to the Little White Church with Rebecca at PAX East 2012
In which we discuss:
- snake weaves,
- whether peacock feathers go on your head or your butt,
- Journey Through Europe, an awful game that requires defacing your game board,
- leaving your driver’s-side mirror at a McDonald’s drive-thru,
- Steven’s non-gaming convention curiosity getting shut down by a slow and deliberate old lady,
- whether Pokemon Black and White are real,
- the Pokérap
What an episode. We:
- sing a siren song for the Dominion game mode in League of Legends,
- discuss Pokemon’s 20-year anniversary,
- and start you on the grand journey of League of Legends Mic Check.