It’s not news that Megan and I are between jobs, but this is the first time we’ve discussed how it affects us. Which is to say, how it increased my enthusiasm for volunteering and coaching Overwatch!
From a bizarre Canadian ski trip, to a seemingly widespread distaste for people who haven’t seen the Disney movie Hocus Pocus, to a ridiculous Google search that somehow still yielded the desired results, to discussing old school RPG’s, this episode is packed full of stories, nostalgia, and inside jokes! Tune in to also hear about:
- Megan’s latest kpop performance at the 2016 Korus Festival;
- Megan almost crapping her pants about the factual accuracy of Disney properties;
- an executive summary of the Disney Channel Original Movie, How to Build a Better Boy;
- and Steven’s latest obsession with the free to play trading card/tactics game, Duelyst – be sure to check out Jumbo Bundle 7 from Humble Bundle for 20 free card packs (a $30 value!), and use Steven’s username as a referral: thisrandomguy
Megan and Steven discuss the intricate differences between baking and broiling (read: we actually have no idea what we’re talking about). Tune in to also hear about:
- Steven’s pride in recognizing a kpop song played in public (twice!);
- Megan’s hope to establish the Kpop Killers, a Kpop Academy Overwatch group;
- better than mediocre recommendations for two great indie games, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Blade Ballet;
- Megan’s money woes, which she plans to solve by suing an ex-girlfriend.
- the eating differential between Steven and Megan;
- Megan’s new bae;
- Steven’s growing obsession with kpop boy band dance choreography;
- Megan’s history of entering and winning Wonder Girls contests;
- Steven getting into Overwatch competitive (and Megan realizing that audio cues help);
- Megan’s mediocre recommendation for Mighty No 9.
- Steven’s paraphrasing: “If you have spare money, and time, and are not doing anything better, I guess you can play this game. It’s okay. It kind of makes me frustrated, but the music’s good I guess.”
In this episode, Megan and Steven take you on an ASMR journey as they discuss:
- Megan’s attempt to hide her inappropriate Pocket Card Jockey horse names from her seatmates on a cross-country flight;
- Her Story, a non-linear crime fiction game by Sam Barlow;
- More games that they buy and either don’t finish or don’t play at all (bye bye, sponsorships!);
- Eye fatigue, and the dreaded “air puff” exam at the eye doctor;
- Their plans to monetize their own custom sound boards.
In this episode, all our conversations revolve around collections:
- Switching a pre-order for Uncharted 4 to a pre-order for the $250 Gears of War 4 collector’s edition in a (failed) attempt to “save money”;
- Megan’s bookshelf display, including a Christmas present that was defaced to make it “easier” to wrap;
- Steven’s convention signature/photo wall;
- Microsoft’s 20-DSLR 3d photo setup for Quantum Break.