In this episode of Swag Tier, Megan relives a painful massage “therapy” experience where her masseur more or less broke her body, Steven tells the tale of his bus breaking down on the way to Maryland for MAGFest, and unbeknownst to our listeners who don’t read our episode descriptions, Megan accidentally deleted the audio for the last episode of Swag Tier when she uploaded the audio for this episode. Other topics include Megan’s plans to (never) finish her Mamamoo fanfiction and Steven’s plans to volunteer at MAGFest 2017.
Here at Swag Tier, we only loosely plan our topics, roughly budget time for each within a 30-minute episode, then go for it. We wanted to talk about the Megan’s playtest of Thornwatch (5 minutes), her Black Beauty revelation (5 minutes), Steven’s trip weeklong to Puerto Rico (10 minutes), then Megan’s first Rennaisance Faire (10 minutes). But this episode is a classic example of how much we (don’t) care about those marks. We’re 20 minutes into the episode before we even start in on Puerto Rico, and ignore any sights to focus in on Steven missing his flight. Classic Swag Tier.
Steven returns from his trip to Portugal, and Megan returns sweaty and invigorated from her dance training at the Kpop Academy. Come learn about:
- Portuguese Pokemon Go;
- Portuguese pastries;
- Korean dance training bootcamp;
- the open invite to Megan’s dance showcase;
- how her class was forced at knifepoint by a group of 12-year olds to learn NCT U The 7th Sense.
We cover tons of ground in this ep, but it can be boiled down to:
- Megan’s TPA Orianna story, and the Gchat fistpump of celebration
- The pro gaming apparatus that Steven handmade for Megan
- Psychoanalyzing what types of stories Steven and Megan like, and how they’re the opposites of their own lives
- Everyone’s thoughts on Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- The Final Fantasy XV:
- Ultimate collector’s edition ($270)
- Trailer with Florence + the Machine
- Steven: “Is this the trailer where Florence + the Machine sings in the second half?
- Megan: “I don’t even…is that…a person?”
- Being completely the opposite of what Megan is interested in
- Steven: “There’s nothing interesting for you – it’s four bros in a car!”
- Megan: “And I don’t give a sh*t about cars!”
- Steven: “Well, that was clear in the last episode.”
Join Steven as he recaps the NY Auto Show, where he saw:
- Geico having an absurdly difficult series of games with high score barriers to win their swag
- NY Auto Show dealers room = QVC IRL
- Megan going into elaborate detail about her Shamwow car wash milkshake yard fantasy
- Varying levels of booth babes – and what the ideal booth babe is (it isn’t what you think!)
We also cover: